南乔治亚岛,企鹅



南乔治亚岛,企鹅

MAY 6, 2013

Penguin, South Georgia Island
Photograph by Max Seigal, My Shot

It was 5 a.m. and we had just landed on the shore of South Georgia to catch the sunrise. It was cloudy and overcast, which presented the perfect opportunity for me to shoot some long exposures. At first I experimented with standing out in the water and photographing the crashing waves contrasted with the penguins on shore, but the waves were moving my tripod too much to get a stable shot. I realized I would need to be on shore, where I could get a steady shot, but I still wanted to include the water in my photo. I looked over and saw this lone penguin just at the water's edge. I quickly aimed and took this long-exposure shot, and moments after the shutter clicked the penguin looked up and walked off. Even though the sky didn't glow orange that morning due to overcast conditions, I still walked away very pleased with shooting in wonderful conditions that allowed me to capture this image.

  凌晨5点,我们在南乔治亚岛的岸边登陆,准备捕捉日出。尽管天空阴霾多云,但同时也是个最好的机会进行长时间曝光拍摄。起初,我尝试站在水中,拍摄企鹅在岸上时汹涌的水波,但是水浪也会让我的三脚架移位,让我不能稳定地拍摄。我知道我应该站在岸上才能很、更稳定地拍摄,但我想把这些相互涌动的水浪也收入我的镜头中。我环顾四周,恰巧看到岸边一只孤身的企鹅。我立即锁定了它,进行了长时间曝光;也用快门拍到了它抬头并离开的刹那。由于阴霾的天气,天空没有变成光亮的橘黄色,但我仍尽兴而归。

http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-of-the-day/penguin-south-georgia-island/